Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | Google Podcasts | Audible | iHeartRadio | Pandora | Subscribe on Android
Quitting is a key skill.
Understanding when it’s time to put something down temporarily or permanently is an important skill. Strategically quitting for the day, the weekend, or even for an hour or two might be just the thing you need for your sanity.
Tami quits frequently and considers that to be one of the keys to her success and to keeping her fibromyalgia in remission.
In this episode, Tami shares what’s different for her about this year’s Fibromyalgia Awareness Day, why she uses strategic quitting and how you can too, the harmful nature of our culture’s all or nothing view of success, some of the exciting events and documentaries coming up in the world of fibromyalgia advocacy, and more.
Note: This episode is not meant to be medical advice. Every person and every situation is unique. The information you learn in this episode should be shared and discussed with your own healthcare providers.
Links & Resources
- Invisible — Sign up to be notified when there is a screening in your area, click here.
- Pain Warriors — This award-winning documentary is streaming on Amazon Prime here. (Affiliate link)
- Sherri Little Foundation, Inc. — A 501c3 non-profit organization providing micro grants of $1,000 or less to chronic pain patients with limited financial resources. Contact us if you are interested in being on our grant selection committee. You can also register to be notified when the grant application window opens: SherriLittleFoundation.org.
- Support Fibromyalgia Network — Visit SupportFibro.org for events, such as Awareness Day and Advocacy Day, and other resources.
- Fibromyalgia Association of Michigan — Offers online Awareness Day events and online support groups. Register for their newsletter or sign up for events at FAMichigan.org.
More from Tami
- For daily doses of hope, inspiration, and practical advice, join Tami on Facebook or Instagram.
- Get free copies of Tami’s books here.
- Schedule a consultation with Tami or one of her coaches through the International Fibromyalgia Coaching Institute.
“Just wanted to let you know that a medical student who attended the patient panel wrote to me this week to say she was ‘really inspired to make changes to our health care system to improve the diagnosis and care of chronic pain’ after she heard your stories. She wants to do a research project on this. Thank you so much for being a part of the change process to improve care!”
~ Oregon Health & Science University, Pain Intersession faculty