When we hear stories we can relate to, it brings hope that healing is possible for us.
In the sixth installment of our Stories of Hope and Healing, Tami shares the stories of three recent graduates of the Certified Fibromyalgia Advisor® program. During the program, these women improved their fibromyalgia symptoms by an average of 51% in only three months. That’s right in line with the improvement we typically see with our graduates.
What would your life look like if you cut your symptoms in half? What could you do that you can’t do now? Today’s graduates prove that you can go beyond your limitations once you know them.
Today you’ll hear from three real people who have fibromyalgia about their experiences. They share their history with fibro, why they decided to join the program, and the impact it’s had on their lives.
In this episode, Tami interviews graduates Kerstin, Laura and Tamy and they share the differences between listening to the podcast and being a part of the classes in the Certified Fibromyalgia Advisor® program, why working with a coach made all the difference for Kerstin, what it was like for Kerstin – a fitness coach herself – to be coached, why Kerstin fired her doctor, the fibro knowledge and personal choices that brought about Kerstin’s 10% improvement in her symptoms, the supplements that have helped Kerstin on her healing journey, Kertin’s top two tips, Tamy’s experience feeling stuck on the struggle bus, how the program helped Tamy reconnect with her authenticity as a wellness coach, why getting vulnerable was a crucial element in Tamy’s fibro journey, what it means to build your fibro team, recognizing that it’s normal for your needs to evolve along your healing journey, working through self-care guilt, the factors that helped Tamy to decrease her severe symptoms by 51%, dealing with breast implant illness alongside fibromyalgia, Tamy’s message to other people who feel like they’re on the struggle bus, why Laura took the Certified Fibromyalgia Advisor® program a second time, why Laura decided that going forward she wants to have a coach for the long haul, budgeting your time and making the space to care for yourself so you can live the life you want, the elements that helped Laura to improve her symptoms by 75%, acknowledging that many of us need external accountabilty, and more.
Tami’s wish is that hearing their stories will give you some new ideas you can take back and share with your doctors and some encouragement and hope that you can feel better too.
Note: This episode is not meant to be medical advice. Every person and every situation is unique. The information you learn in this episode should be shared and discussed with your own healthcare providers.
Links & Resources
- To catch a replay of the full January 2023 event, visit the replay page
- Fibromyalgia Podcast | Episode 70: Keeping Fibromyalgia In Remission: What Does Tami Do?
- If you’re a fibromyalgia patient and you’re ready to do what you need to do to feel your best, our next class begins soon. Learn more about our Certified Fibromyalgia Advisor® program and how to enroll online at BeAFibroCoach.com.
- Find a Certified Fibromyalgia Coach® to help you at FindAFibroCoach.com
More from Tami
- For daily doses of hope, inspiration, and practical advice, join Tami on Facebook or Instagram.
- Get free copies of Tami’s books here.
- Schedule a consultation with Tami or one of her coaches through the International Fibromyalgia Coaching Institute.