There’s so much hope that comes from hearing the healing stories of other people on the fibromyalgia journey. Often, that’s where we first recognize that a better future is possible for us.
Today in our fifth installment of Stories of Hope and Healing, we’re sharing the inspiring stories of four recent graduates of the Certified Fibromyalgia Advisor® program.
During these conversations, you’ll hear Tami and the graduates refer to their Fibromyalgia Impact Questionnaire score (FIQ), which measures the impact of fibromyalgia symptoms on a scale of zero to 100, with lower scores referring to milder symptoms.
When this tool was created, the average fibro patient’s score was around 58. In future studies, researchers found that the three FDA-approved fibro medications typically gave about 20% improvement, acceptance and commitment therapy showed around 27% improvement, and general health coaching brought around 35% improvement after a year.
On average, our students improve their scores by about 50%. For this cohort of graduates, the average improvement after our 3-month program was 62%, and in the individual interviews, you’ll hear each person’s journey.
In this episode, our graduates share how they’ve improved their fibromyalgia over the last few months, the considerable role mental health plays in their healing journey, why even coaches need coaches, a game-changing supplement to transform your sleep, the significant shift that comes from slowing down and being more intentional, why it’s necessary to dig deeper to figure out if all your symptoms are from fibromyalgia, the key insights they found during the program, and more.
We hope this episode inspires you, encourages you, and simply shows you that it is possible to feel better than you do right now.
Note: This episode is not meant to be medical advice. Every person and every situation is unique. The information you learn in this episode should be shared and discussed with your own healthcare providers.
Links & Resources
- Fibromyalgia Podcast | Episode 87: What If It Isn’t Fibromyalgia?
- To catch a replay of the whole event, including more about each graduate, visit https://ifcinstitute.lpages.co/2022-07-graduation-replay/
- If you’re a fibromyalgia patient and you’re ready to do what you need to do to feel your best, our Fall 2022 class begins on August 30. Learn more about our Certified Fibromyalgia Advisor® program and how to enroll at FibromyalgiaCoachingInstitute.com
- Find a Certified Fibromyalgia Coach® at FindAFibroCoach.com
More from Tami
- For daily doses of hope, inspiration, and practical advice, join Tami on Facebook or Instagram.
- Get free copies of Tami’s books here.
- Schedule a consultation with Tami or one of her coaches through the International Fibromyalgia Coaching Institute.