A certified Certified Fibromyalgia Coach® is not a doctor. We can’t prescribe or diagnose, but we can help fill the gap in fibro knowledge for you and your doctors. IFC graduates have received hundreds of hours of fibromyalgia-specific training. We can teach you and your providers more about fibromyalgia and help you advocate for yourself and get better results.
Today, as we continue the seventh installment of our Stories of Hope and Healing, Tami interviews two more graduates of our Certified Fibromyalgia Coach® training program. After going through both our Certified Fibromyalgia Advisor® and Certified Fibromyalgia Coach® training programs over the last two years, Penny and Ann are nearly symptom-free.
In this episode, you’ll hear about their journeys and how they got where they are today. They are sharing Penny’s two-year journey to becoming almost symptom-free, the huge difference it made to work with the right providers, her experience going through early menopause as a result of a hysterectomy, how she finally got to the root causes of her pain, recognizing that each person’s fibro treatment recipe is unique, why becoming a Certified Fibromyalgia Coach® has been so rewarding for Penny, the challenges of navigating medical systems, the positive ripples of working on our fibromyalgia, the massive changes in Ann’s personal life since starting the Certified Fibromyalgia Advisor® program, why she feels like she’s finally come full circle, the changes which have made the most significant positive impact on Ann’s fibromyalgia, how helping other people as a fibromyalgia coach has been helpful for Ann on her fibro journey, some of her favourite things to recommend to her clients, Ann’s message for anyone struggling with fibromyalgia, how a fibromyalgia coach can help you on your journey, what it looks like to work with a Certified Fibromyalgia Coach®, and more.
Note: This episode is not meant to be medical advice. Every person and every situation is unique. The information you learn in this episode should be shared and discussed with your own healthcare providers.
Links & Resources
- Fibromyalgia Podcast | Episode 113: Help Your Doctor Help You with Dr. Ginevra Liptan
- To catch a replay of the full July 2023 event, visit the replay page
- Fibromyalgia Podcast | Be A Coach Series
- If you’re a fibromyalgia patient and you’re ready to do what you need to do to feel your best, our next class begins soon. Learn more about our Certified Fibromyalgia Advisor® program and how to enroll online at BeAFibroCoach.com.
- Find a Certified Fibromyalgia Coach® to help you at FindAFibroCoach.com
More from Tami
- For daily doses of hope, inspiration, and practical advice, join Tami on Facebook or Instagram.
- Get free copies of Tami’s books here.
- Schedule a consultation with Tami or one of her coaches through the International Fibromyalgia Coaching Institute.
“If it weren’t for Penny, I wouldn’t even be able to sit at my desk for more than 10 minutes, let alone attend an online event after midnight 🙂 Working with Penny is a milestone in my journey. Not only have my symptoms improved immensely, but I have also learned how to advocate for myself. As a high achiever and perfectionist, for the first time in my life I’m happy to get a ‘lower score’ on something; my Fibromyalgia Impact Questionnaire clearly shows how far I’ve come since I started working with Penny.”
~ A listener in Germany