“When will the pain end?”
For this entry in my Ask The Coach series, I’m answering this question which was sent in by a listener.
It’s such a loaded question and there are so many details I’d need to know to give a full answer but today I’m going to answer it in a broader way.
The thing about fibromyalgia is that it’s not the type of illness that shows up for a while and runs its course then resolves itself like a cold. It’s also not something that you’ll outgrow or that goes away when you get to a certain age. It just doesn’t work that way.
That doesn’t mean there’s nothing you can do – you’re going to have to change your path if you want a different outcome.
For most people, with the right treatment and lifestyle changes, your fibromyalgia can be in remission and you can feel better.
In this episode, I share several resources you can use on your journey of helping the pain to end, the major turning point in my fibromyalgia journey, how you can teach your body not to process everything as pain, why you should reframe your journey as a marathon, not a sprint, how you can educate yourself about fibromyalgia, the importance of becoming a student of your own body, and more.
Note: This episode is not meant to be medical advice. Every person and every situation is unique. The information you learn in this episode should be shared and discussed with your own healthcare providers.
Links & Resources
- Ginevra Liptan’s Book | The FibroManual: A Complete Fibromyalgia Treatment Guide for You and Your Doctor
- The Fibromyalgia Podcast | Episode 16: Fibromyalgia in Children with Dr. Melissa Congdon
- The Fibromyalgia Podcast | Episode 25: The Impact of Juvenile Fibromyalgia with Jara Halfen
- The Fibromyalgia Podcast | Episode 40: Should I Go Outside My Insurance To Get Fibromyalgia Treatment?
- The Fibromyalgia Podcast | Episode 43: What Does It Take To Get Better? 11 Things You Need For Your Fibromyalgia Healing Journey
- The Fibromyalgia Podcast | Episode 47: Write Your Body’s Owner’s Manual
- The Fibromyalgia Podcast | Episode 77: Fibromyalgia Treatment with Dr. Kaley Bourgeois
- Certified Fibromyalgia Advisor℠ Training Program
More from Tami
- For daily doses of hope, inspiration, and practical advice, join Tami on Facebook or Instagram.
- Get free copies of Tami’s books here.
- Schedule a consultation with Tami or one of her coaches through the International Fibromyalgia Coaching Institute.
“Thank you for allowing me a space to be part of something that has so many loops and twists and pain.”
– a listener by email