Have you been recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia? Did you leave your doctor’s office with more questions than answers? Or are you overwhelmed with information? Are you wondering, “What do I do now?”
In this episode, Tami covers the first steps of her own journey, as well as where she begins working with her students and clients. The ten steps in this episode include five things you can begin doing right away, on your own, with or without your doctor’s help; the other five you’ll want to work with your doctor on to get the best results. Tami has also included a list of Fibromyalgia Podcast episodes and resources perfect for anyone who is newly diagnosed, or simply wants to get back to basics.
There is so much that can be done to improve fibromyalgia symptoms and pain. Information can be confusing and overwhelming. Start with the steps in this episode to build a solid foundation that will help you feel your best — and help your providers help you more effectively!
- Educate yourself.
- Find a guide to support you.
- Start tracking your symptoms.
- Write your body’s owner’s manual.
- Calm down your overactive fight-or-flight.
- Work on improving your sleep.
- Learn to live within your energy budget.
- Break the pain cycle.
- Give your body the nutritional building blocks it needs.
- Check your thyroid and adrenals.
Links & Resources
- Get free copies of Tami’s books here
- Register here for access to all our worksheets and tracking logs, including the Symptom Tracking Log, Dream Week Planner, Getting To Know You prompts, and more.
- Fibromyalgia Advisor Training Program — Our Fall 2021 class begins October 5th! This is hands-down the best way to improve your fibromyalgia symptoms. Join us and begin working with your own coach today.
- Schedule a consultation with Tami or one of her coaches through the International Fibromyalgia Coaching Institute
- Find a functional medicine trained provider at FunctionalMedicine.org
Note: This episode’s show notes contain affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, we will likely receive a small commission. Read about what we do and don’t promote here.
Dr. Ginevra Liptan, The Frida Center for Fibromyalgia, is the author of several books (affiliate links):
Other Episodes Mentioned
- Episode 4, What is Fibromyalgia? Part 1
- Episode 5, What is Fibromyalgia? Part 2 with Dr. Ginevra Liptan
- Episode 16, Fibromyalgia in Children with Dr. Melissa Congdon
- Episode 21, Cutting Edge Research on Fibromyalgia with Dr. Jarred Younger
- Episode 25, The Impact of Juvenile Fibromyalgia on Families with Jara Halfen
- Episode 30, Ask The Coach: Where Do I Start?
- Episode 35, My Favorite Energy Management Tool
- Episode 40, Ask The Coach: Should I Go Outside My Insurance To Get Fibromyalgia Treatment?
- Episode 43, What Does It Take To Get Better?
- Episode 44, Design Your Fibromyalgia Dream Week
- Episode 47, Write Your Body’s Owner’s Manual
- Episode 57, Talking to Others About Your Fibromyalgia with Kimberli Wicks
- Episode 67, Fibromyalgia Stories of Hope and Healing #3
If you’ve enjoyed this podcast, consider subscribing on Apple Podcasts, or anywhere you listen, to receive each episode as soon as it is available