Endometriosis and Fibromyalgia
With Special Guest: Dr. Jessica Drummond
Endometriosis is a condition where tissue similar to the tissue that normally lines the inside of the uterus — the endometrium — grows outside the uterus. It’s one of the most common causes of pelvic pain and infertility. Many women with fibromyalgia who are experiencing pelvic pain, painful periods, and more may also be dealing with endometriosis.
Listen in as Tami interviews Dr. Jessica Drummond about what endometriosis is, how to distinguish between fibromyalgia pain and endometriosis, and how she addresses endometriosis in her clinic.
You may have fibromyalgia, but that doesn’t mean all of your pain is only fibromyalgia. Conditions like endometriosis are very treatable. Addressing these other causes of pain help to lower your overall fibromyalgia pain levels.
- Endometriosis is one of the most common causes of chronic pelvic pain and infertility.
- Endometriosis is more related to hormonal shifts than fibromyalgia pain.
- Cardinal signs of painful sex or pelvic pain, especially with digestive issues and infertility, mean you should seek a consultation from a skilled endometriosis excision surgeon.
- Fibromyalgia acts as an amplifier. If you have something else going on, like endometriosis, fibromyalgia is going to take that and amplify it.
- Taking out the lesions is one piece of the puzzle, but that’s not the only pain driver.
- We approach endometriosis by assessing each system and really lowering inflammation and calming the autonomic nervous system.
About Dr. Jessica Drummond
Dr. Jessica Drummond is the CEO of The Integrative Women’s Health Institute and bestselling author of Outsmart Endometriosis and Clinician to Coach.
Dr. Drummond holds licenses in physical therapy and clinical nutrition and is a board certified health coach. She has 20 years of experience working with women with chronic pelvic pain, facilitates educational programs for women’s health professionals in more than 60 countries globally, and leads virtual wellness programs for people with endometriosis.
Dr. Drummond lives and works with her husband and daughters between Houston, Texas, and Fairfield, Connecticut.
Download FREE copies of Dr. Drummond’s book here
Links & Resources
- Get free copies of Tami’s books here.
- Fibromyalgia Advisor Training Program — We are currently accepting students for our Fall 2021 classes beginning in September 2021! This is hands-down the best way to improve your fibromyalgia symptoms. Join us and begin working with your own coach today.
- Schedule a consultation with Tami or one of her coaches through the International Fibromyalgia Coaching Institute
Other Episodes Mentioned
- Episode 45, Fibromyalgia Stories of Hope and Healing (August 2020)
- Episode 56, Fibromyalgia Stories of Hope and Healing (February 2021)
- Episode 67, Fibromyalgia Stories of Hope and Healing (June 2021)
“Hi, Tami! I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia two years ago, and my 21 year old daughter was diagnosed in March. After six years of debilitating symptoms.
“I listen to your podcast daily. I just want to thank you. Your voice and experience are so comforting and helpful. I’m grateful to you for everything you’re doing this illness can be so lonely. Please continue your work.“
~ Erin on Facebook
If you’ve enjoyed this podcast, consider subscribing on Apple Podcasts, or anywhere you listen, to receive each episode as soon as it is available.