EFT for Fibromyalgia
With Special Guest: Lauren Fonvielle
EFT — the Emotional Freedom Technique, also known as tapping — has long been recognized as a powerful tool for reducing pain, stress, and emotional trauma. A 2020 study showed that a one-hour group EFT session reduced cortisol production by 43%. EFT can also be an effective pain management strategy that can be used alongside other medications and therapies with no side effects.
Since fibromyalgia is a condition known to keep patients stuck in a state of fight-or-flight, it makes sense to explore tools that can help reduce this overactive fight-or-flight stress response.
Listen in as Tami interviews Lauren Fonvielle, EFT Practitioner and coach, and hear how you can add EFT as a powerful tool in your fibromyalgia toolbox. Be sure to listen through to the end of this episode to hear Lauren’s guided “tap-along” session that you can try for yourself!
- EFT stands for the Emotional Freedom Technique and is also referred to as tapping.
- EFT sends a message to the brain that you’re not in fight-or-flight and can reduce cortisol by up to 40%.
- EFT can be used for a wide variety of conditions, ranging from anxiety, stress, and overwhelm to physical conditions and can also help with things like limiting beliefs.
- EFT can create space between the trauma that has happened and the experience or the sensation in your body.
- When you’re in a state of fight-or-flight the prefrontal cortex goes offline. By reducing the amount of cortisol being produced in your body, EFT can help bring that prefrontal cortex back online.
- You can be in pain, but you don’t necessarily have to be in agony. You don’t have to have the emotional component.
About Lauren Fonvielle
Lauren is a Certified & Accredited EFT Practitioner & Mindset Coach. She helps her clients breakthrough obstacles – physical, mental, or emotional – that are keeping them stuck and holding them back in life or business. Lauren has generously offered listeners of the Fibromyalgia Podcast a complimentary 30-minute session to explore adding EFT to your fibromyalgia toolbox. Schedule with Lauren online at TalkWithLauren.com.
Links & Resources
- Get free copies of Tami’s books here
- Stories of Hope & Healing LIVE Event (International Fibromyalgia Coaching Institute Graduation) — Join us to hear tips from our graduates on how you can take back control of your life and health!
- Schedule a consultation with Tami or one of her coaches through the International Fibromyalgia Coaching Institute
- Schedule a free 30 minute session with Lauren
- Download Lauren’s sample tapping script PDF here
- “Reexamining the effect of emotional freedom techniques on stress biochemistry: A randomized controlled trial.” Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy. Stapleton, Peta, et al. (2020)
- “Group EFT Tapping Results in 43% reduction in Cortisol.” PetaStapleton.com. 21 Mar 2020.
Other Episodes Mentioned
“This is powerful. I’m constantly comparing to what I used to be able to do. Thank you for posting this!“
~ Stacy on Facebook, Episode 60, How Can I Rebuild My Confidence? Ask The Coach