You Don't Know What You Don't Know
Special Guest: Eva Minkoff, [Human]care
There are things you know you don’t know, like rocket science, maybe. But there are also many things that you don’t know that you don’t know, like your unconscious habits or how your body will respond to a particular fibromyalgia treatment option you never knew existed.
In this special replay, Eva Minkoff, host of the Humancare podcast, interviews Tami to uncover the two lowest points in Tami’s fibromyalgia journey, the thing that turned it all around for her, and how she guides her clients into “knowing what you don’t know.”
Be warned! There is a lot of laughter and fun in this episode! In fact, Tami describes this interview as one of the most fun interviews she’s ever done! Enjoy!
Note: This interview was originally shared in April 2019 on the Invisible Not Broken podcast. Eva has recently launched her own podcast, Humancare, and includes a re-issue of this episode.
- Childhood trauma could come from good things done in the name of good medicine, but that are still traumatic to a child.
- Fibromyalgia acts like an amplifier.
- You’re the one making the journey, but your coach gives you all the insider information, shortcuts, and secret ways of doing things faster, easier, and better.
- A Fibromyalgia Coach looks at your life and strategies how to minimize the impact of fibromyalgia.
- Support groups are not the same as working with a coach because a coach is for YOU. They’re your partner in your journey.
- If I do what I need to do today, tomorrow will be a little bit better… and each “little bit better” adds up over time.
- Find your magic formula of what makes you feel the best and follow that.
- Finding your joy and purposefully adding joy into your life is what makes life worth living. It’s why we choose to say no to some things so we can say yes to other things.
Links & Resources
Note: This episode’s show notes contain affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, we will likely receive a small commission. Read about what we do and don’t promote here.
- Get free copies of Tami’s books here
- [Human]care on Apple Podcasts
- [Human]care on Facebook
- Invisible Not Broken Podcast Network
- The Low Blood Sugar Handbook by Edward and Patricia Krimmel (Affiliate link)
- The Yeast Connection Handbook by William G. Crook, MD (Affiliate link)
- From Fatigued to Fantastic by Jacob Teitelbaum, MD (Affiliate link)
- Adrenal Fatigue: The 21st Century Stress Syndrome by James L. Wilson, ND, DC, PhD (Affiliate link)
Other Episodes Mentioned
“I’ve really been enjoying your podcast! As someone recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia, this has been so helpful to me. I have been really going through a grieving process of acknowledging where I am right now, and having hope that it can change and tangible next steps for me to take has been such a blessing!”
~ Emily Bevoqua
If you’ve enjoyed this podcast, consider subscribing on Apple Podcasts, or anywhere you listen, to receive each episode as soon as it is available.