What Does It Take To Get Better?
11 Things You Need For Your Fibromyalgia Healing Journey
After more than a decade of helping clients improve their fibromyalgia symptoms, Tami has learned what it really takes to get better — and it might not be what you think!
Yes, you do need effective fibromyalgia treatment, a fibromyalgia specialist to guide you, and a good doctor who treats you with respect and compassion. However, these aren’t usually the same person!
Tami has also identified nine additional things that are just as critical on your journey. Listen in to learn what Tami has found to be key in all of her client fibromyalgia healing stories — and key to her own fibromyalgia remission.
- Living your best life with fibromyalgia requires addressing three areas: treating what’s going wrong in your body, lifestyle, and mindset.
- You need an expert to guide you. If you knew how to get better on your own, you probably would have by now.
- You need a good doctor on your team.
- Cultivate a beginner’s mind.
- Make feeling better your top priority. Your fibromyalgia will not get better by accident.
- Shift your focus from thinking about your fibromyalgia to focusing on your healing.
- Take ownership of your health and fibromyalgia healing journey.
- Listen to your body without any judgement or drama.
- Practice self-compassion. Treat yourself the way that you would treat somebody that you love.
- Adjust your expectations.
- Become a planner.
- Make the best choice in each moment.
Links & Resources
- Get free copies of Tami’s books here.
- Fibromyalgia Advisor Training Program — Our Fall 2020 class features LIVE weekly training from Tami, plus additional one-on-one coaching to help you improve your own fibromyalgia. This is hands-down the best way to improve your fibromyalgia symptoms!
- Stories of Hope & Healing LIVE Event (International Fibromyalgia Coaching Institute Graduation) — Join us to hear how our graduates have improved their fibromyalgia over the last few months as they’ve progressed through our Fibromyalgia Advisor Program
Other Episodes Mentioned
- Episode 2, Your Body Isn’t The Enemy
- Episode 6, The Patient’s Role in Their Own Healthcare
- Episode 7, The Science Behind Coaching as a Treatment Option for Fibromyalgia
- Episode 8, What is Fibromyalgia Coaching?
- Episode 9, The Fine Art of Self-Care
- Episode 12, Say No So You Can Say Yes
- Episode 32, Your World Revolves Around Your Healing, Not Your Illness
- Episode 35, My Favorite Energy Management Tool
- Episode 40, Should I go Outside My Insurance to Get Fibromyalgia Treatment
“I was diagnosed when I was 23. I’m now 27. For years I’ve been fighting the diagnosis. I had it under control for years and now I’m starting to have more and more flare-ups and more fatigue. Through this podcast, I am now starting to understand and accept my diagnosis. I now want to know as much as I can about this thing that I have. Thank you for helping me through this process and helping me understand and accept this. I am now trying to figure out how to help myself and my boyfriend, understand this diagnosis and live our best lives!”
~ no more fighting, Apple Podcasts review