Your innate superpower to help you heal and grow
- Many pain specialists say that your resilience is the biggest predictor of how well you will recover from chronic pain.
- Creative Resilience is teaching people how to tap into their innate creative energies, which we all possess, and then build that inner resource and use it to boost resilience and joy.
- Resilience about more than just getting back up when you fall down. It’s also about learning how to adjust. It’s having the flexibility and creativity to think of new ways of doing things.
- We’re all born with the ability to make things and make connections and learn new skills. Sometimes, we just need help tapping into that ability.
In this episode, Tami speaks with ChronicBabe herself, Jenni Grover, about how ChronicBabe was born, what ChronicBabe continues to stand for, and the new work that is calling Jenni forward: her School of Creative Resilience. Listen in as these two babe-alicious friends discuss what it means to live and work with a chronic illness — and uncover the innate superpower we all have: Creative Resilience.
About Jenni Grover
Writing has been Jenni’s passion since she was an itty-bitty girl growing up in Houston, Texas. Her journalism degree from Northwestern University took her places she never imagined. Since 1995, she has called Chicagoland her home, though her clients are all over the world!
In 1997, Jenni was diagnosed with fibromyalgia; in the years since, she has added a handful of other diagnoses to her list. Determined not to let chronic illness and disability get the best of her, Jenni created ChronicBabe.com—a community for women who wanted to feel babe-alicious despite illness.
With the training of an investigative journalist and the creative passion of a lifelong writer, Jenni has transformed her career to help others like her… and to ensure our stories make a difference in the lives of millions of people living with chronic pain and illness.
Jenni is the author of ChronicBabe 101: How to Craft an Incredible Life Beyond Illness (affiliate link). Her newest work is all about Creative Resilience — and you’ll hear all about that in this episode.
Links & Resources
Note: This episode’s show notes and transcript contain affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, we will likely receive a small commission. Read about what we do and don’t promote here.
- Get free copies of Tami’s books here
- Visit FibroWorkshop.com to discover this month’s free FibroWorkshop taught LIVE by Tami.
- The Daily Creative, Jenni’s newest class
- School of Creative Resilience, Jenni’s newest work
- ChronicBabe 101: How to Craft an Incredible Life Beyond Illness, by Jenni Grover (affiliate link)
- ChronicBabe.com, where it all started!
- ChronicBabe on YouTube
“Thank you SO much for your podcast. It is SO real and SO helpful. For most of this past year I was very depressed because of my diagnosis. I did not feel like I was in MY body. I was constantly mourning for my body and what it was dealing with. Hearing your words helped me radically accept what I can and can’t do and because of this acceptance, I feel like now I am capable of SO MUCH MORE despite my diagnosis.” ~ Stephanie