Find A Coach Who Is Right For You…
For more than a decade, Tami has coached fibromyalgia patients into feeling better and living their best lives. In 2015, Tami founded the International Fibromyalgia Coaching Institute (IFCI) and began to offer her Certified Fibromyalgia Coach® and Certified Fibromyalgia Advisor® training programs. IFCI offers training, certification, and a variety of coaching options, depending on your challenges, goals, and budget. All consultations and scheduled through IFCI. See our FAQs below for additional information.
What is the investment to work with a Certified Fibromyalgia Coach®?
It really depends on what you need and who you choose to work with. Every coach has their own independent business, as well as different options to help you get better.
As a general rule, coaching is similar to other fibromyalgia treatment options:
- Working with a student coach is similar to seeing a student at a massage school, medical school, dental school, etc.
- Working with a Certified Fibromyalgia Coach® is similar to working with a chiropractor, acupuncturist, massage therapist, counselor, doctor, etc.
- Working with Tami is similar to working with a fibromyalgia specialist and paying out-of-pocket.
What results can I expect working with a Certified Fibromyalgia Coach®?
Research has shown that after working with a coach for one year, fibromyalgia patients have reduced the severity of their pain by almost one third, cut the overall impact of pain on their lives almost in half, and reduced their overall doctor visits (and the expense of those visits) down to just 15% of what they were before coaching.
While the participants in this study met with Certified Health and Wellness coaches, they did NOT meet with a Certified Fibromyalgia Coach®.
A Certified Fibromyalgia Coach® is trained in fibromyalgia treatment and management and has direct personal experience with fibromyalgia. We understand what you are going through every day and can give you guidance from our own experience. When working with an IFCI-trained coach, this critical difference will help you achieve even more impressive results.
The bottom line? Patients had less pain, saved money, and were better able to live their lives after coaching. What you can expect will very, depending on your unique health circumstances.
Learn more about the research and results of working with a Certified Fibromyalgia Coach® at the International Fibromyalgia Coaching Institute website.
Do coaches take insurance? How about my HSA or Flex Spending Visa?
Most coaches do not take insurance, but it may be possible for you to use your Health Care Spending Account. Each account is different on what they allow, so you’ll need to do some checking on your end.
If your HSA covers working with a coach, here are the steps to take:
- First, you’ll need to have your doctor write you a “prescription” saying that working with a Certified Fibromyalgia Coach® would be helpful. (If your doctor wants to chat with us about how a Certified Fibromyalgia Coach® can help you, just have him or her contact us at the International Fibromyalgia Coaching Institute.)
- You will then pay your coach directly and your coach will provide you with a receipt. Unfortunately, your coach cannot bill your HSA Visa directly. (Their rules, not ours.)
- Finally, you will submit your receipt to your HSA or FSA for reimbursement.