Thank you for submitting a question for our next “Ask the Coach” segment of the Fibromyalgia Podcast.
Although it may take a few months to hear your question asked on the podcast, we will be emailing you a reply, usually within a week or so.
NEED SOME ONE-ON-ONE HELP?
Schedule a complimentary Fibromyalgia Coaching Consultation to explore the ways that working with a coach can help you feel better faster.
Since 2015, Tami has trained coaches all over the world in how to help you live your best life with fibromyalgia. Through the International Fibromyalgia Coaching Institute, LLC, Tami offers training, certification, and a variety of coaching options, depending on your challenges, goals, and budget. All consultations are scheduled through IFCI and filled on a first come, first served basis. During your private consultation, your coach will provide you with suggestions you can take action on right away and explore new options to help you take back control of your life and health. See our FAQs below for additional information.
What is the investment to work with a coach?
It really depends on what you need and who you choose to work with. Every coach has their own independent business, as well as different options to help you get better.
As a general rule, coaching is similar to other fibromyalgia treatment options:
- Working with a student coach is similar to seeing a student at a massage school, medical school, dental school, etc.
- Working with a Certified Fibromyalgia Coach® is similar to working with a chiropractor, acupuncturist, massage therapist, counselor, doctor, etc.
- Working with Tami is similar to working with a fibromyalgia specialist and paying out-of-pocket.
What can I expect after working with a coach?
Fibromyalgia Coaching is an innovative and personalized treatment program for fibromyalgia. Research has shown that after working with a coach for one year, fibromyalgia patients have reduced the severity of their pain by almost one third, cut the overall impact of pain on their lives almost in half, and reduced their overall doctor visits (and the expense of those visits) down to just 15% of what they were before coaching.
The bottom line? Patients had less pain, saved money, and were better able to live their lives after coaching.
Learn more about the research and results of Fibromyalgia Coaching as a treatment option for fibromyalgia at the International Fibromyalgia Coaching Institute website.
Do coaches take insurance? How about my HSA or Flex Spending Visa?
Most coaches do not take insurance, but it may be possible for you to use your Health Care Spending Account. Each account is different on what they allow, so you’ll need to do some checking on your end.
If your HSA covers working with a coach, here are the steps to take:
- First, you’ll need to have your doctor write you a “prescription” saying that working with a Certified Fibromyalgia Coach® would be helpful. (If your doctor wants to talk with someone about how a Certified Fibromyalgia Coach can help you, just have him or her contact us at the International Fibromyalgia Coaching Institute.)
- You will then pay your coach directly and your coach will provide you with a receipt. Unfortunately, your coach cannot bill your HSA Visa directly. (Their rules, not ours.)
- Finally, you will submit your receipt to your HSA or FSA for reimbursement.